It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Rise is leading the charge with the world’s most powerful, easy-to-use online HR management solution for small and mid-sized business. We’re offering you the opportunity to join our growing team as an intermediate product manager to break new ground and disrupt our market. If you’ve had some measured success in Product Discovery and Delivery, and are looking for a role with greater ownership and boundless opportunities to make an impact, this role is for you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Understand and define the problem space
To start, you’ll become an expert on our customers and users, developing an intimate understanding of their world, their problems, and their jobs-to-be-done. You’ll talk to them, learn how they use our products, and prioritize things for us to work on next.
You’ll research, define, and get alignment on relevant problem spaces, and work to increase our confidence in both the bets we place and the solutions we deliver.
#2) Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap
Based on your expert understanding of the problem space, you’ll propose objectives and measurable outcomes for us to work towards. You’ll use factual evidence to influence and get buy-in from your teammates and stakeholders. You’ll prioritize relentlessly to make sure we’re working on the things that count.
#3) Deliver great solutions
Finally, you’ll collaborate with Design and Engineering to come up with creative solutions to problems and work effectively to deliver them within business constraints.
You’ll optimize the scope of our solutions to allow for accelerated learning. You’ll evaluate, iterate, and evolve the products within your footprint. And you’ll help empower Rise Go-To-Market, Support, and Services teams to effectively onboard our new customers and keep the existing ones.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentations, demos, etc.
- Great logical, analytical, and abstract thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Design and Engineering in an agile environment to effectively solve customer problems
- Skills and desire to be close to customers: interview them, gather feedback, review product usage data, and learn what excites and troubles them
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and define problems to be solved and customer jobs-to-be-done
- Completely comfortable with common product metrics and KPIs, and the ability to learn from analytics
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority, and drive teammates towards accomplishing ambitious objectives
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and validate solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a growth mindset, and a team-focused mentality
- 4-year BA/BS or equivalent experience