It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Managing people is core to every business. That’s why Rise is on a mission to dominate the people-management software market with powerful software that is a cut above the rest. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and an outstanding client experience.
As a software architect, you’ll be planning the technical roadmap and developing solutions for architectural concerns. You’ll be modelling domains and data and working on API and software service design; plus, you’ll be responsible for prototyping solutions and conducting code reviews as necessary.
As an engineering team, we always choose to get things done right over getting them done fast. We strongly believe that research and experimentation is fundamental to producing high-quality software and are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. We are looking for people who share these values and are strongly consistent with their own.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Planning the technical roadmap and developing solutions for architectural concerns
You’ll be charged with mapping technical capabilities to business objectives. You’ll be in the front of the whiteboard and leading the team through design sessions. You’re a strong communicator and can communicate your ideas effectively.
#2) Modelling domains and data, API design, and software service design
You’ll take our business needs and map them to objects within our system. You’ll be analyzing the capabilities of the platform and mapping them to services delivered by the platform. In addition, you’ll ensure the services are future-proof and will be able to serve the future needs of the platform according to the roadmap.
#3) Prototyping the solution and conducting code reviews as needed
You’ll be testing and validating technical solutions through a prototyping process. You’ll set the standard and lead by example in how code should be designed, implemented and tested. You’ll also serve as an inspiration, coach, and motivator to the software developers around you.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an architect, preferably 5 years
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Experience in domain modelling and API design
- Experience in architecture of workflows and state machines
- Experience at Microserve design and architecture
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Deeply collaborative and enjoy working in a cross-departmental fashion
- Driven and entrepreneurial, yet open and approachable
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work
- Technical knowledge and mobile app development expertise is a bonus