Senior Product Manager
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking to add a Senior Product Manager to lead a new, strategic product as part of the Rise People Platform. If you have a proven track record of effective end-to-end product development, from discovery through to launch, and can drive the long-term planning and strategy for your product, this role is for you.
As a fast-growing organization, Rise is a great place for an entrepreneurial, self-starting person who’s comfortable with a lot of autonomy and ownership, and is ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of working Canadians.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Be our customers’ #1 fan
To start, you’ll become a champion for our customers and users, developing a profound understanding of their world, their problems, and their jobs-to-be-done. You’ll have countless conversations with existing and prospective customers, and build up expertise in both the market and the relevant domain. You’ll work to develop them into referenceable customers and build ongoing advisory relationships within key accounts.
#2) Drive our long-term product strategy and planning
You’ll define, prioritize and execute on quarterly objectives. You’ll measure your success and work to improve the customer experience and, by extension, product metrics.
You’ll have a say in how we approach growth, analytics, pricing, packaging, go-to-market, and more. You’ll work with executives and other stakeholders to ensure the viability of our solutions.
#3) Deliver great product
Finally, you’ll collaborate with your Design and Engineering counterparts to deliver an innovative, world-class product our customers will love and trust. The fruits of your labour will take Rise ever-closer towards its vision of fostering engaged and empowered workplaces.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, including ownership over a product area
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentations, demos, etc.
- Great logical, analytical, and abstract thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience identifying, breaking down, and prioritizing complex and ambiguous problems within strategic and resource constraints
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Design and Engineering in an agile environment to deliver exceptional solutions to customer problems
- In-depth customer development, user research, and interviewing skills
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders and leading without formal authority
- Proven ability to use data to inform decisions, come up with experiments, and optimize product performance
- Team player with an aptitude for helping others around them develop
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset
- 4-year BA/BS or equivalent experience, an MBA is a plus