It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
The IT Lead will report to the Director, IT Operations and will work closely with DevOps and Customer Operations teams. This position is responsible for defining and executing IT operational infrastructure processes in order to deliver enterprise-wide IT services reliably, efficiently and effectively. This position will have oversight for Systems Administrator functions.
Candidates should have a high level of technical understanding and competence with the ability to lead and coordinate troubleshooting and problem solving activities. Ensuring proper follow up for post incident analysis, root cause analysis, as well as planning and implementing permanent fixes, are also key to this position.
The IT Lead will oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the organization’s IT department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. This role will lead teams that develop and implement networks and servers, respond to business unit requests, and monitor system stability and performance. The IT Lead provides guidance to the IT, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Implementation, maintenance, administration and day to day operations of enterprise-wide IT infrastructure including LAN, WAN, Servers, Network Equipment, Telephony and VoIP, Databases and Database Servers, Backup and Restore, Software/Firmware patches and updates, ensuring the delivery of highest quality of service while maintaining a secure and up-to-date computing environment.
- Monitoring servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues in application and Infrastructure.
- Ensuring all operation teams are supporting project teams effectively.
- Setting up service introductions, process enhancements and technical support guides.
- Assisting Business Development with business opportunities related to Rise back-end systems.
- Working with the senior leadership team to help develop the roadmap for new software implementations.
- Setting and regulating Operations KPIs; improving processes and policies in support of organization goals.
- Overseeing upgrades, installations and service improvements.
- Assisting with short-term and long-term strategic planning.
- Acting as the point of contact for any escalated critical / blocked issues.
- Ensuring infrastructure availability meets committed service levels; minimizing the impact of incidents by ensuring appropriate support response times
- Working closely with other business units and stakeholders to address all business and customer needs to meet or exceed SLA commitments as well as end-user requirements
- Ensuring the Disaster Recovery Planning supports and complements the Business Continuity requirements; regularly planning and executing Disaster Recovery exercises making sure gaps are tracked and addressed in a timely fashion
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and managing the work of all assigned team members including performance and career development
- Participating in or leading the project planning and scheduling of new technology initiatives and the implementation of such initiatives in production
- Ensuring IT Infrastructure services required by the business are optimized, available and maintained and can be recovered within required business timelines
- Maintaining effective relationships, contract management and administration with suppliers / vendors and reviewing and monitoring their performance
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, content, and services, in compliance with policy and supporting processes
- 5+ years experience in a technology role, of which at least 5 years were in an IT Operations role
- Strong Knowledge of Internet, LAN and WAN technologies, cloud computing, Virtualization technologies, Software as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, network devices, firewalls, Intrusion Prevention
- Experienced with using enterprise class Incident Management tools, Trouble ticket systems, Asset Tracking and Asset Management systems, centralized deployment tools for software and patches, file integrity monitoring, log monitoring, system availability monitoring and alerting tools
- Experienced with managing a mixed operating system environment using both Linux and Windows
- Track record of planning and delivering cost effective results
- Efficiency in SLA Definition, Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting Demonstrated experience in evaluating and managing risk
- Experience in balancing supply and demand of resource requirements
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask, delegate and prioritize tasks across various locations and in a cost-effective manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- An avid learner committed to keeping up to date with latest technologies and industry innovations
- Ability to plan and organize, as well as demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility in a sometimes high-pressure, fluid environment
- Experience in a cloud based environment is ideal