It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Managing people is core to every business. That’s why Rise is on a mission to dominate the people-management software market with powerful software that is a cut above the rest. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and an outstanding client experience.
As a leader on our development team, you’ll own the technical roadmap and be responsible for providing technical leadership to the development team. You’ll establish high standards and processes and coach and mentor the team to achieve their best.
As an engineering team, we always choose to get things done right over getting them done fast. We strongly believe that research and experimentation is fundamental to producing high-quality software and are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. We are looking for people who share these values and are strongly consistent with their own.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Providing technical leadership, people and project management
You will own the technical roadmap and lead the team through the technical decisions needed in delivering on the roadmap. You’ll inspire and motivate the team to bring out the best in every individual and will assure that projects are delivered to a high standard and that all requirements are met.
#2) Establishing best practices for delivery of scalable high quality software
You will work with the team to establish development standards and processes to meet the goals of the platform roadmap while building on the high performing culture at Rise. You love to deliver software with pride and will always be two-steps ahead of the team, removing any barriers to their success.
#3) Coaching and mentoring
You love to see people grow and help them reach the next level of their careers. You’ll provide coaching and mentoring to the development team and will seize teaching opportunities as they arise to enable them to achieve great things.
- Minimum 5 years experience as Development Manager or Team Lead
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices within AWS ecosystem
- Capable of performing code review / assessments
- Deep understanding of QA process
- Can manage Continuous Delivery / Deployment environments
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Deeply collaborative and enjoy working in a cross-departmental fashion
- Driven and entrepreneurial, yet open and approachable
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work
- Technical knowledge and mobile app development expertise is a bonus