It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for a technical writer that loves to be part of a growing and dynamic team to bring our HR + Benefits + Payroll solution to new heights.
This is an exciting opportunity to help enable our Customer Success team. As a technical writer, you will get the opportunity to work with many different teams and experts to document processes, knowledge base articles, and training information. We will rely on you to determine the communication medium to provide the best learning approach for the team and eventually our customers. If you are an experienced technical writer who has a creative mind, loves getting into the weeds, and a passion for continuous improvement, then we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Documenting processes and product knowledge
- Understand and define all facets of the Rise customer journey, and identify key areas of strategic importance for targeted content
- Create high-quality training documentation for the CustomerSuccess team processes
- Select appropriate medium to present content; i.e. online videos, manuals, photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize content across platforms and for training execution
#2) Facilitating and collaborating with other teams
- Work with teams across People, including Customer Success, Product, Development, and Sales to get the right stakeholders involved in the content you develop
- Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to map out processes
- Collaborate on the overall strategy of the Customer Success team
#3) Administering our content management systems
- Maintain, manage and revise a comprehensive library of technical terminology and literature
- Define content structure, taxonomy, and style
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Superior written and verbal communication, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and video editing software
- 2-4 years industry experience as an effective technical writer is considered an asset