Senior Backend Software Developer
Managing people is core to every business, but the companies that have dominated the people-management software market for decades have produced products that are clumsy and unloved. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and a superlative client experience. We’re taking away big clients from the market giants everyday and growing fast.
We’re seeking expert Rails backend engineers to build elegant RESTful APIs. Rise believes in organizing small, cross-functional teams around discrete areas of functionality, which means you’ll be working closely with front-end developers and designers to get things done.
As an engineering organization, we will always choose getting things done right over getting them done fast. We strongly believe that research and experimentation are fundamental to producing high-quality software. We are not satisfied with the status quo and are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom when we doubt its value. We are looking for people who believe these values are strongly consistent with their own.
- 5+ years of experience shipping software
- Highly experienced with Rails
- Passionate about continually learning and developing
- Adamant in your commitment to shipping high-quality, well-structured and maintainable code
- Opinionated and constantly seeking to improve the team and its processes
- Enjoy mentoring and providing feedback to teammates
Things we use and like:
- Lean development practices
- OOD, SOLID, GRASP, design patterns
- Testing and automation
- AWS (EC2, ECS, SNS, SQS, RDS, etc.)
- Immutable, declarative infrastructure
Why you would like working here:
- Highly autonomous environment
- Speed does not preempt quality
- Freedom to experiment and learn
- Cutting-edge technology stack
- Great Coal Harbour office with an unbeatable view and a ping-pong table