Payroll Specialist, Client Services
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Payroll + Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an energetic, experienced, and detail-oriented payroll professional. As a key member of our client-facing team, you’ll bring your past experience in supporting HR, time and attendance, and payroll applications to our clients and will advocate on their behalf to address their issues.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Manage Day-to-Day Activities
Payroll Specialist, Client Services plays a key role in growing Rise’s customer relationships and client loyalty by creating a positive client experience while providing software and service support to Rise clients. This position requires a dynamic individual that excels in comprehensive problem analysis and software support, leveraging their payroll processing skills, knowledge and experience to deliver outstanding customer service in line with Rise’s Values and Missions.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and expert on all modules of Rise Payroll, Time and Attendance, HR, Benefits; investigates and troubleshoots software application issues in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ensures proper and timely follow-up on assigned cases to ensure service level agreements are lined with Rise standards; creates accurate, complete and reliable case activity;
- Provides payroll support to clients by assisting in creating various reports, remittance reconciliations, generating earnings/deduction codes, importing files, ensuring T4 and Rl-1 mapping is accurate and year-end processing support;
- Learns, understands and gains broad knowledge of Rise products and contributes to internal support process; proactively seek ways to provide a better service experience for clients.
#2) Make Big Improvements
With your keen eye for detail and payroll experience, you’ll identify patterns on reports and data and use those insights to drive efficiencies within the Rise Client Support ecosystem. As the voice of the client, you’ll be passing on feedback to the Rise team on how to continually improve our solutions and service offering.
#3) Provide Proactive Professionalism
Not afraid of taking initiative, you’ll answer client questions and address their issues promptly and accurately via email, chat, and phone. You’ll balance your own day, ask for help when you need it, and quickly assist your peers when they ask you to step in.
Take your career to the next step
Your continued education in payroll-related topics is of utmost importance to Rise and we support our team in completing continuing education in order to maintain their PCP certification with the CPA.
We also carry out on-site training on payroll-related topics in a fun and dynamic way that involves the whole team.
Strengthen your payroll knowledge by joining an energetic team who shares their knowledge and supports you in your career advancement.
- Full cycle payroll processing experience including reconciliations, imports and year end tax forms an asset
- Experience providing support for HR, time and attendance, benefits and payroll applications in a software environment
- PCP certified or enrolled in the Canadian Payroll Association certification program
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who can work independently and take initiative
- The drive to dream big – you want a growing career, not a job!