Media Relations Specialist
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for a media relations specialist that brings their expertise in creating authentic relationships with media and influencers and informing and engaging audiences through innovative communications.
As a member of our marketing team, you’ll be responsible for the health and growth of media relations for our brand and telling stories that resonate with our audiences. You’re an expert in generating excitement around product, company, client, and community initiatives, proactively engaging with media and influencers, and ensuring your messaging is relevant to our target audiences and our brand’s core values.
You have a relentless commitment to quality and owning the experience of every campaign. It goes without saying that you’re an inclusive, hands on, collaborative team player that goes above and beyond to support our clients, media partners, and campaign partners.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Developing and executing media relations strategy
You’ll develop and execute our media relations strategy for major company, product, and community initiatives, working closely with key individuals cross-functionally to uncover important stories and insights. You’ll write a wide variety of creative and compelling PR pieces that captures the attention of our audiences, including press releases, media briefs, client stories, and more.
#2) Drive growth of media and influencer relations
You’ll proactively pitch the media and influencers on issues that matter to Rise to secure strategic placements. Your ability to build strong relationships with key social influencers and editors will amplify Rise’s message and raise awareness across the business community. You’ll also respond to inbound requests for coverage and provide internal media training and support for interviews.
#3) Share compelling client success stories
You’ll be establishing relationships with a large number of Rise clients to share their success stories on an ongoing basis. You’ll conduct regular client interviews to write compelling case studies and work with film crews to create impactful client testimonials and stories.
- 2 years of media relations experience, preferably in a software or high-tech environment
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Media Relations, or Journalism
- Track record of establishing relationships with media and influencers on a national level
- Experience in building and executing communications strategies
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills, including understanding of Canadian Press style, writing for press and writing case studies
- You have existing relationships with media and digital influencers and know what it means to build authentic and meaningful relationships
- Excellent understanding of media measurement and analysis tools
- Passionate publicist who loves pitching creative stories to digital, print, and broadcast
- Creative and analytics driven individual that follows industry trends and constantly brings new ideas forward
- Collaborative, flexible, and open minded individual that loves working in a team-based environment
- Sense of humour and grace under fire