Manager, Sales Development
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an ambitious, energetic, and self-motivated sales development leader with exceptional team leadership skills. You are passionate about leading and growing a dynamic team of sales development professionals and love working in a team environment.
You thrive in a competitive, merit-based environment and are a master at building sales development strategies that win. As a strong team player, you love working with individuals to help them achieve their best, taking responsibility for continuous coaching, training and motivation.
Ready to take your career to the next level?
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Achieve our growth targets
As the architect at the top of our pipeline, you’ll build and manage a high performance, customer-centric sales development team in order to achieve our growth targets. You’ll focus on building pipeline across verticals and regions, using your experience in selling B2B software to formulate powerful value propositions that win.
#2) Lead and coach the SDR team
You’ll motivate the SDR team to exceed their goals through world-class coaching and strong incentives, helping them knock their quotas out of the park. By monitoring and refining the lead process on an ongoing basis, you continually optimize our sales development processes from end-to-end, from pipeline creation to efficient lead handoff.
#3) Drive innovative, market-specific strategies
You’ll analyze target prospects and markets and formulate innovative, highly customized strategies that deliver results. You’ll implement new tools, processes, and content/messaging to improve the effectiveness of the SDR team, providing training, role playing and one-on-one guidance to ensure your team’s success.
- Two to three years in a business-to-business organization in an inside sales development or inside sales role
- Proven success as a sales professional with an ability to lead the SDR team by example
- Passion for training, motivating and coaching in a fast-growth environment
- Excellent customer-facing skills using written or verbal communication
- Experience in utilizing and managing Salesforce and data from other systems, including marketing automation
- Highly organized around metrics and able to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated to generate pipeline
- Results driven and able to work through rejection
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HRIS, group benefits, and payroll preferred but not required
- BA/BS degree is preferred