Executive Assistant and Communications Specialist
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an executive assistant and communications specialist to coordinate all administrative tasks related to the CEO’s and CRO’s daily schedule and operations. Day-to-day activities include working with confidential documents, coordinating calendars, planning events, as well as working on special projects, and from time to time, supporting strategy and execution.
You are a top-notch writer and communicator that is ready to take on important executive messaging pieces and meetings/events. You have a high degree of attention to detail and are adaptable in your communication style to reach different audiences. This role requires a good judgement, empathy and the ability to craft persuasive, professionally written communications that represent our executive management.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Manage and coordinate all day-to-day administrative operations and internal communications for the C-Suite, HR, and Client Services and oversee the front office reception
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and other key events, including developing and organizing meeting materials
- Direct all company people and culture activities, including organizing events and activities, while working in tandem with the Rise People and Culture committee
- Assist with event and meeting planning, including catering, venue booking, travel / transportation itineraries, preparing agendas, etc.
- Prepare and collate materials for scheduled appointments and meetings, such as company-wide all hands, weekly stand ups, and OKR reviews
- Coordinate internal communications and incoming and outgoing communications from CRO’s office, including new and / or changes to policies and procedures
- Draft and/or proof communications on behalf of the executive and senior management team that cover a wide variety of materials and documents including agendas, correspondence, reports, minutes, etc. Writing should be attentive to the audience and in tune with Rise’s core values, narrative, and strategic direction.
- Oversee Rise’s philanthropic initiatives
- Connect with key social influencers and bloggers
- Create and publish social content on our social media channels with the support of the marketing team
- Complete other special assignments as required, which may involve research and analysis
- Assist with occasional/minimal personal tasks
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in communications and/or office administration
- Advanced written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. People-first language and thinking is essential
- Advanced reasoning abilities and good judgement with the ability to handle all company internal communications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to effectively manage schedules, filing systems, events and meetings, documents, as well as priority and project lists
- Very strong technology skills to effectively use Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Acrobat, social media platforms, and video conferencing/presentation equipment
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills