It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Managing people is core to every business. That’s why Rise is on a mission to dominate the people-management software market with powerful software that is a cut above the rest. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and an outstanding client experience.
As a key player on our development team, you’ll create and manage docker containers to deploy our code while managing code pipelines from workstation to production. You’ll also stay one step ahead by constantly monitoring our system health and ensuring that our environments are ready for growth.
As an engineering team, we always choose to get things done right over getting them done fast. We strongly believe that research and experimentation is fundamental to producing high-quality software and are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. We are looking for people who share these values and are strongly consistent with their own.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Creating & managing docker containers
At Rise we love docker containers and we use them extensively to deploy our code. Orchestrating the docker containers using our toolset will be part of your domain. You’ll ensure that containers are healthy and delivering services efficiently.
#2) Creating & managing code pipelines from workstation to production
Our team likes to release early and release often. You’ll be responsible for keeping this process streamlined and removing barriers as they arise. You’ll continue to leverage the existing ‘infrastructure as code’ environment deployment flow and assure that code flows seamlessly through our staging environments. You’ll also review PHP and Ruby code and add tooling that provides feedback when conventions are not being followed.
#3) Monitoring system health
As our platform grows, our environments need to grow with it. You’ll be constantly looking ahead and seeing around corners to ensure our environments keep up with our growth. You’ll be using our toolset and creating your own to detect any signs that things aren’t running perfectly.
- Strong background in Linux/EC2 Administration
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (terraform experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with relational database (Postgres)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Ruby) and ability to define, create and execute Jenkins scripts is required
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Deeply collaborative and enjoy working in a cross-departmental fashion
- Driven and entrepreneurial, yet open and approachable
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work
- Technical knowledge and mobile app development expertise is a bonus