Software Developer Co-op, 8 months (Jan – Aug 2020)
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Contribute to the product in a meaningful way
You’ll have the same opportunities as a new engineer joining our team. During your co-op term, you will write, test and maintain code for the Rise platform. You’ll deploy and review the code by other engineers in order to create new features for our customers and internal team.
#2) Help the QA team on new features
Working under the guidance of our QA team, you will test product features and functionality with a view to improving our performance and usability.
#3) Collaborate in a team setting
Our dev team is small, and we communicate (even over-communicate on some occasions) every day – what we’re working on, what we are blocked by and how we can improve.
…plus, we also want you to have fun!
- Currently in 3rd or 4th year post-secondary studies and are finishing your Computer Science or a related degree
- Excellent computer science fundamentals – algorithms, programming languages, and databases
- Work well in a team setting
- Curious and aren’t afraid to ask questions
- You aren’t afraid to take initiative, fail forward and learn from those mistakes
- Previous co-op experience
- Please share any side projects with us – we’d love to see them