Senior Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an experienced senior project manager to drive programs to completion and collaborate at all levels across the organization. In this important role, you’ll report directly to the CRO and work with all levels of the organization to further company goals by managing and implementing strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
You are highly adaptable with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You are also commercially curious, an excellent communicator, and willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.
You excel in a highly cross-functional environment and work well with key stakeholders in marketing, sales, product management, and customer success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Manage a variety of complex projects
You’ll effectively manage all aspects of a variety of complex projects and business initiatives including, but not limited to, project plans/timelines, budgets, risks & issues, team logistics, & change management. This role requires you to develop and grow strong relationships with all stakeholders.
#2) Navigate risks and critical paths
A key part of your role will be to identify and manage project dependencies, risks and critical paths. You’ll create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation and effectively track and manage project budgets. As changes in project scope arise, you’ll be proactive in managing change, identifying potential crises, and working with the CRO & Operations and business owners to devise contingency plans.
#3) Keep team members and executives up to date
To keep your project team members and executives up to date, you’ll develop and publish communications, including status decks, task plans, timelines, budget updates, and issues lists as needed. You’ll also ensure all assigned projects, tasks, and activities are delivered on time and within budget.
- BA or BS degree
- 3-5 years of experience managing all aspects of complex projects
- A demonstrated track record of outstanding project management skills and delivering results through diverse project teams
- Strong understanding of, and experience using standard project management tools and methodologies
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively facilitate cross-functional teams
- Highly adaptable and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as influencing and mentoring skills
- Excellent presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and ability to inspire cooperation from a wide variety of colleagues