Marketing Content Writer
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an experienced business writer that brings their expertise in creating marketing and thought leadership content with a passion for growing a dynamic company.
As a member of our marketing team, you’ll work collaboratively to identify key themes and content pieces that drive leads. You’re an expert in researching topics and creating thought provoking ebooks, white papers, infographics, and other innovative content to reach your target audience.
You have a creative and analytical mind and love ideating new ways to generate big opportunities. You work well under pressure and enjoy the challenge of creating a stream of new content that stands out from the crowd.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Create rich lead-generative content
You’ll create marketing content that attracts leads, raises awareness, and educates our audience in the form of ebooks, white papers, infographics, video content, case studies, and more. You’ll also contribute to our blog on an ongoing basis, attracting visitors with compelling content and growing our subscriber base.
#2) Contribute to our editorial board
As part of our marketing team, you’ll seek out creative topics and strategies that win our audience over, filling our editorial board with engaging pieces that keep our readers coming back. You’ll research our industry and stay on the pulse of the latest news and developments to build timely content that generates results.
#3) Collaborate with your teammates
Our marketing team works collaboratively to deliver the best content possible. You’ll contribute to our marketing efforts by helping your teammates conceptualize content right from the beginning and reviewing content when needed, providing your expertise in copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Minimum 3-4 years of business writing experience with a focus on marketing lead generation
- Past experience producing content at a B2B software company
- Channel-specific knowledge, including blogging, posting on social media and producing smart calls-to-action (CTAs) according to lead lifecycle stage
- Creative thinker with an instinct for words that makes your writing totally irresistible
- Excellent communicator with a superb attention to detail – you also make a fantastic editor who can spot the smallest grammatical error, and can add a special touch to someone else’s writing, too
- Resourceful with a strong vocabulary – no one likes to read the same words over and over again
- Voracious reader – because when you’re immersed in a world of words, you’re naturally a better writer
- You have your own blog
- Sense of humour and grace under fire