Marketing Content Writer
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Are you an experienced business writer looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the top marketing teams in Vancouver?
We’re looking for a highly motivated business writer with expertise in creating powerful thought leadership content with a passion for growing a dynamic company.
As a member of our marketing team, you’ll work collaboratively to identify key themes and content pieces that matter to today’s business professionals. You’re an expert in researching topics and creating thought provoking ebooks, white papers, infographics, and other innovative content.
You have a creative and analytical mind and love ideating new ways to generate big opportunities. You work well under pressure and enjoy the challenge of creating a stream of new content that stands out from the crowd.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Inspire our audience with powerful thought leadership content
You’ll be on a mission to create our most innovative and creative thought leadership content yet. With lots of room for creativity, you’ll ideate and write amazing content that attracts leads, raises awareness, and educates our audience in the form of ebooks, white papers, infographics, video content, case studies, and more. You’ll also contribute to our blog on an ongoing basis, attracting visitors with compelling content and growing our subscriber base.
#2) Evangelize best practices to position Rise as the #1 trusted resource
This is your chance to win over an entire industry. You’ll have the opportunity to seek out creative topics and compelling strategies that position Rise as the number one resource in the industry. You’ll research our market and stay on the pulse of the latest news and developments to build timely content that generates results, contributing to our editorial board with engaging pieces that keep our readers coming back for more.
#3) Become an active member of an energetic and fun marketing team
In this role, you’ll be making a big difference on a team that loves to works collaboratively. You’ll deliver head-turning content and provide insight, feedback, and guidance to your teammates to help conceptualize content right from the beginning. You’ll also review content when needed, providing your expertise in copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Minimum 3-4 years of business writing experience with a focus on marketing lead generation
- A passion for uncovering business insights and creating powerful, in-depth thought leadership content that generates leads
- A natural evangelist of best practices that attract and guide business clients to success
- Past success in creative writing for a B2B software company
- A love for writing across different mediums, including in-depth pieces, blogging and social media
- Creative thinker with an instinct for words that makes your writing totally irresistible
- Excellent communicator with a superb attention to detail – you also make a fantastic editor who can spot the smallest grammatical error, and can add a special touch to someone else’s writing, too
- Resourceful with a strong vocabulary – no one likes to read the same words over and over again
- Voracious reader – because when you’re immersed in a world of words, you’re naturally a better writer
- You have your own blog
- Sense of humour and grace under fire