Junior UI/UX Designer
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer who is passionate about creating products that are beautiful and functional.
Reporting to our Senior Designer, you’ll work collaboratively with our Product Managers and Developers to help define product workflows and concepts.
You’re excited to jump right in and translate concepts into mockups/prototypes that lead to easy-to-use products. You’re a self-starter with the confidence to ask smart questions and contribute new ideas.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with the product team to help identify key problems and planning elegant solutions for our users.
You’ll create end-to-end user experiences through concepts, screen mock-ups and interactive prototypes.
You’ll take part in testing and evaluating as part of an iterative design process to identify what’s working and what could be improved.
- 1 year experience or a diploma in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Product Design or related degree
- Experience with design tools like Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Love to wireframe & prototype easy-to-use interfaces
- Have a good instinct when it comes to intuitive interfaces and workflows, i.e. easily describe the good and bad
- Enjoy collaborating with Product Managers to define feature sets and workflows
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with multiple priorities and projects at once
- Ability to balance, prioritize, and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Collaborative, flexible, and open minded individual that loves working in a team-based environment
- Sense of humour and grace under fire