Head of Implementations
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re a highly driven group of professionals focused on driving adoption of the world’s most powerful, easy-to-use online HR management solution for small and mid-sized business.
We’re looking for a results-oriented professional with experience in managing and overseeing customer facing technology implementations. Ideally, you have experience with implementing HR and/or Payroll software. You have a proven track record of improving the customer experience through improving processes, coaching your team, and finding creative ways to solve customer challenges. Reporting to the VP, Client Services, you will be responsible for our implementation go-live metrics and the revenue attached to those go-lives.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Create, manage and grow a team of customer implementation specialists
You’ll be responsible for hiring, coaching, and managing a high-performing team. You’ll create an environment of learning, identify goals, establish work plans, and provide coaching and timely feedback. With a large and growing team, you’ll continually coach and develop the Implementation team and help them reach new heights, while ensuring the client’s first experience interacting with the Rise platform is world-class.
#2) Drive the strategy to onboard, enable, and expand usage and revenue with customers
You’ll partner with the Sales organization for a successful onboarding. You’ll drive the onboarding strategy and create the various processes required from contract signed all the way through the transition to the Client Services team. As part of the growth and strategy, you will define what good looks like, what the key metrics are for success, and monitor and manage the performance of the team and the projects. As part of this leadership role, you will be the first to handle all customer escalations related to the implementation experience, while maintaining a mindset of never losing a customer.
#3) Build programs and initiatives to drive continuous improvement and scale
With your extensive expertise, you’ll develop repeatable and scalable processes to improve project quality and on time delivery. You’ll partner with Sales, Professional Services, Product, Support and Marketing to create a consistent customer journey that drives positive customer onboarding satisfaction, referrals, and account growth. You’ll continuously monitor client onboarding for process improvement opportunities and use data to track performance, forecast services delivered, and create customer insights. You’ll also build and refine processes that ensure project success while maintaining a customer service focus.
- Knowledge of the HCM space and payroll or management experience, preferably within enterprise SaaS
- Experience managing implementation projects from start to finish, including communication, documentation, resource and communications plans, risk and project performance, and revenue milestones
- Assertiveness and willingness to drive and manage change, positive attitude, collaborative style, and can-do approach
- Experience directly leading a team with the proven ability to realign resources and workflow to produce maximum results
- Ability to interact with and influence stakeholders across various internal groups to achieve successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow a Customer Implementation team
- Strong resource management skills, ensuring appropriate workflow and tasks are correctly managed
- 3-5 years of direct people management experience
- A natural leader that inspires their team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Excellent communication, leadership, coaching, and training skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and comfort presenting to large and/or executive audiences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company
- Experience with project management software and Salesforce is a plus
- Formal project management training and certification is a huge plus
- The drive to dream big – you want a career, not a job!