Senior Graphic Designer
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
If you’re looking for an amazing design experience that will advance your career to the next level, you’re in the right place.
We’re offering the opportunity of a lifetime to transform one of the most highly recognized and esteemed brands in the Canadian tech industry. At Rise, we understand the power of creativity and are ready to take our business to the next level with a new look and feel that is fresh, innovative, unconventional and edgy.
In this pioneering role, you’ll be responsible for developing the next evolution of the Rise brand, including all design and illustration. You’ll work collaboratively with our marketing and product design teams to produce amazing online experiences that advance our reputation as the trusted, go-to solution of choice in the industry.
This is a rare opportunity to leave your mark on the tech industry, designing a head-turning brand that leaves the competition in the dust. Are you up for the challenge?
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Creating a winning brand that takes us to the next level
We’re serious about creativity. When you step through our doors, you’ll be given the power to create a new, innovative Rise brand with a unique look and feel. You’ll have ownership of building our new website, including all design and illustration, and will work collaboratively with our marketing team to build exceptional online experiences.
#2) Positioning Rise as the industry thought leader
You’ll work with our marketing team to develop a creative strategy for our thought leadership programs that will elevate Rise’s position in the marketplace. You’ll support the design and development of marketing content and deliverables, from ebooks, white papers and infographics to customer storytelling, brochures, videos and more.
#3) Collaborating with internal teams to ensure a seamless client experience
Your keen understanding of SaaS will be instrumental in ensuring a client experience that is on-brand from the moment a user first interacts with our brand all the way to becoming a regular user of our products. You’ll work collaboratively with all internal teams to ensure our brand is incorporated into everything we do, delivering a seamless experience throughout the entire client lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communications or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of design experience, preferably in a marketing or tech setting, acting in a leading role in transforming brands into success stories
- A desire to learn and push creative boundaries with unconventional approaches to design
- An exemplary leader with the drive to create a seamlessly branded experience across all aspects of a brand
- Familiarity with WordPress, Hubspot, Pandadoc considered an asset
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS and the ability to hand-code your designs
- Portfolio of recent design work is required
- Creative: you have an excellent eye for visual storytelling and high standards for cutting edge creative
- Communicator: you craft your design to fit the medium at hand and are comfortable backing up your work with a well thought-out process
- Organized: you manage multiple projects and can easily orchestrate how they work together
- Adaptable: you are comfortable wearing a lot of hats and learning new things on the fly
- Passionate: you have a deep, sincere belief in what you do and how it helps our customers
- Go-getter: you’re committed to creating the best work possible and you do whatever you can to ensure the end results are perfect. You’re comfortable following up with team members and asking for clarification when needed in order to meet tight deadlines.