Full Stack Software Developer
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Managing people is core to every business. That’s why Rise is on a mission to dominate the people-management software market with powerful software that is a cut above the rest. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and an outstanding client experience.
We are seeking a full stack software developer with at least three years of experience to work on the RESTful API services that power our front-end applications. The developer should be strongly familiar with Angular and Rails or a similar framework.
As an engineering organization, we always choose to get things done right over getting them done fast. We strongly believe that research and experimentation is fundamental to producing high-quality software and are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. We are looking for people who share these values and are strongly consistent with their own.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Build a Winning Platform
You’ll work directly with the Senior Backend Software Developer and the development team to execute on the product plan for the Rise platform. Using your extensive knowledge of software architecture, you’ll build product enhancements to the platform, improve the architecture, and develop, debug and design software applications and databases.
#2) Collaborate with the Development Team
You’ll collaborate with the development team in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of the Rise platform. As a full stack software developer, you’ll deliver fast and predictable results, adjusting in an agile fashion to provide what our customers need.
#3) Ensure Operational Excellence
You have a proven track record of operational success with a high attention to detail. You’ll ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, and quality while delivering results on time.
- Minimum 3 years of experience building software
- Deep full-stack knowledge of client, server, tools, and internet technologies
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with JS/HTML/CSS and RoR/PHP
- Strong working knowledge of frontend frameworks and libraries (Angular, Bootstrap, Foundation, WebPack, Grunt)
- Experience in agile methodologies with scrum
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Deeply collaborative and enjoy working in a cross-departmental fashion
- Driven and entrepreneurial, yet open and approachable
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work
- Technical knowledge and mobile app development expertise is a bonus