Payroll Support Representative
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re a highly driven group of professionals focused on driving adoption of the world’s most powerful, easy-to-use online HR management and payroll solution for small and mid-sized business.
If you’re motivated to get in on the ground floor of something extraordinary, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for a results-oriented, energetic payroll professional obsessed with paying attention to detail. As a key member of our client-facing team, you’ll bring your experience in supporting HR, time and attendance, and payroll applications to empower our clients to learn and advocate on their behalf to address their issues. Not only are you skilled in this profession, you are obsessed with helping clients during times of crisis and take pride in ensuring every interaction you have with clients leaves them feeling happy. If you are not a payroll or HR professional, don’t worry. We’ll help you learn so that you can provide exceptional support to our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Be a Client Advocate
You’ll be working with our clients, including CFOs, directors, and administrators, to help resolve their issues and see them through to resolution, plus you’ll be assisting as required with client payroll processing. Your goal is to provide an effortless experience for our clients. As an expert of the Rise products and the voice of the client, you’ll be passing on feedback to the Rise team on how to continually improve our solutions and service offering.
#2) Make Big Improvements
With your keen eye for detail and payroll experience, you’ll identify patterns on the types of issues and requests from our clients and use that towards driving efficiencies within the Rise Client Support ecosystem. You will help us constantly improve by proactively identifying items which we can improve upon and then help us implement your ideas.
#3) Provide Proactive Professionalism
Not afraid of taking initiative, you’ll answer client questions and address their issues promptly via email, chat, and phone. You’ll balance your own day, ask for help when you need it, and quickly assist your peers when they ask you to step in. As a client advocate, you’ll identify if anyone on the team could use a hand, whether it’s to help with their workload, provide assistance with a question, or even coaching on how to handle a client situation.
- At least 2 years experience working in a client facing role, ideally in a support/service role
- Full cycle payroll processing experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player who is able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent written and communication skills
- The drive to dream big – you want a career, not a job!
Bonus points if you have:
- Full cycle payroll processing experience including reconciliations, imports and year end tax forms
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- Experience providing support for HR, time and attendance, benefits and payroll applications in a software environment
- PCP certified or enrolled in the Canadian Payroll Association certification program
Job Type: Full-time