Accounts Payable Clerk
It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
Headquartered in Vancouver, we serve hundreds of businesses and thousands of employees across Canada and have big plans to grow. We care deeply about our employee experiences and support each individual with our own HR + Benefits + Payroll solution that we all trust.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
We’re looking for an Account Payable Clerk that loves to be part of a growing and dynamic team to bring our HR + Benefits + Payroll solution to new heights.
As a member of our Client Support team, you’ll provide accounting and tax related support to our customers. You’re versatile and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle a myriad of different functions. You believe your hands-on approach, analytical mind and problem-solving skills are your greatest assets.
You tackle challenges head-on and are an organized and efficient team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment of change.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
#1) Accounting and tax support for our customers
- Providing accounting support such as general banking tasks, payroll taxes, source deductions issues and reconciliation.
- Troubleshooting errors, such as reconciliation of remittances, following up with clients for banking errors, such as missed payments
- Performing tax-related duties such as reporting Quebec’s Remittance Forms and Reconciliation and Ontario EHT.
- Generating customer billing for our solutions
- Assisting clients with understanding our Journal Entry product
#2) Financial assessments
- Providing a financial analysis of a customer to assess the risk to Rise if we are to provide certain exceptions to our financial controls
#3) Empowering others
- Assisting the Implementation team with various tasks, including setting up third party remittances
- Assisting the Product team to provide your expertise to improve our products
- Minimum 1+ years experience in accounting or related field
- A Bachelor degree in accounting or business
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel and at dealing with financial and numerical data
- Professional and proactive in both oral and written communication
- Strong technical expertise
- Strong work ethic and willing to learn
- Customer focused & great at problem solving